I launched my production company in May 2001, after a 15-year career as a multiple Emmy Award-winning anchor, reporter and producer in television news.
Two Sons Productions is named for my sons Tommy and Leigh and the goal from its inception was to maximize my experience and background in what has turned out to be an eclectic career: I began as print journalist, then segued into broadcast TV as an anchor/reporter before branching into documentary-style programming and filmmaking as a writer producer director.
I take great pride in my ability to tell all kinds of stories in multiple mediums:
• For a variety of prominent publications, I’ve conducted interviews or written profiles on everyone from homicide detectives to superstar athletes to the titans of the business world.
• For networks ranging from PBS to Fox Sports and ESPN to TruTV, I’ve written, produced and directed programs and specials that run the gamut—from true crime to fine wine, from the heroes of auto racing to the devastating affects of suicide and PTSD on our nation’s veterans.
• For private and corporate clients I am not only writing, producing and directing an array of documentary-style videos, but also generating profiles and features for in-house publications.
My acclaimed documentary film, “Dad’s In Heaven With Nixon,” premiered on the Showtime network in 2010.
Two Sons Productions President (May, 2001-Present)
Films or Videos:
• Help On The Homefront, PBS Documentary, 2013
• Captain Hays Truck, Private Client, 2012
• A Car Is Born, Private Client, 2013
• The Grandfather of Roadside Service, Private Client, 2013
• At Your Service—Even During A Hurricane, Private Client, 2013
• Dad’s In Heaven With Nixon, Showtime, 2010
• The Court of Compassion, Hour Detroit, 2013
• Therapy Dogs Change Lives--and Save Them, Hour Detroit, 2013
• An Interview With Tom Gores, DBusiness, 2013
• An Interview With Alan Mulally, Hour Detroit, 2012
• Bill Ford Is Going Green, Hour Detroit, 2012
• A Rink Rat At Heart, Hour Detroit, 2012
Fox Sports Net, Los Angeles Anchor Reporter Producer (December, 1998-May, 2001)
Producer, writer and on-camera correspondent for “Goin’ Deep,” a weekly sports magazine show. Also anchored the nightly National Sports Report. Produced, wrote and hosted an hour-long special on the origins of NASCAR and many other specials & doc-style programs.
KCAL-TV, Los Angeles Sports Anchor/Reporter (January, 1990-December, 1998)
Anchored three nightly sportscasts. Also produced, wrote and hosted over a dozen hour and half-hour sports specials. Won multiple Emmy Awards for sports reporting.
KXAS-TV, Dallas, TX Sports Anchor/Reporter
Main assignment was covering the Dallas Cowboys. In February 1989, broke the story that the team was being sold to oilman Jerry Jones and that Tom Landry would be fired and replaced by Jimmy Johnson.
WXII-TV, Winston-Salem, NC Sports Anchor/Reporter
The Hockey News, Toronto, Canada Editor-In-Chief
Sport Magazine, New York, NY Senior Editor/Staff Writer
Boston College, Bachelor of Arts, English, cum laude
DOWNLOAD THIS RESUME ON THE CONTACT PAGE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner and therefore any user of material on this site should proceed at their own risk. We are making such material available in an effort to secure work for the director. We believe, but do not represent, that this constitutes a “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law, and in such case, under Title 17 U.S.C Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research purposes.